|1869 Titus Map - Source|
|1887 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
|Cincinnati Enquirer; Oct 1, 1882; pg. 9|
|Cincinnati Enquirer; Aug 31, 1883; pg. 7|
|Cincinnati Enquirer; Apr 5, 1884; pg. 8|
The year 1891 shows few changes in the block but the rising interest in electricity is shown by The Jones Bro's Electric Company. The vinegar factory is still in business along with a broom factory, printing shop, warehouses and offices. The Bavaria Block is clearly marked at the corner.
|1891 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
|1904-1930 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
|1926, S. Canal Street, Frey Bros. Warehouse - Source|
|South side of Canal Street, looking west, Nov. 13, 1926 - Cropped from the original, Source|
|North side of Court Street, looking west, Oct. 3, 1929 - Cropped from the original, Source|
|1950 Sanborn Insurance Map - Source|
In 1996, the only remnant of this past busy block came down, with no explanation in the newspapers, just a photo showing its demolition.
|1996 CAGIS - Source|
Cincinnati Post; July 4, 1996; pg. 2
Growing up in Cincinnati with all these flat parking lots, it is hard to imagine just how dense and busy downtown used to be.